Code of Conduct
Welcome to the System community! As a Public Benefit Corporation, we are committed to maintaining a positive, inclusive, and constructive approach to building System. We ask you to abide by the following guidelines when you interact with your fellow community members:
- Be welcoming. We strive to be a community that welcomes and supports people of all backgrounds and identities.
- Communicate and behave with respect, professionalism, fairness, and sensitivity
- Be mindful of other participants’ effort and time spent on contributions to System.
- Substantiate your opinions, concerns, or issues respectfully and keep the discussion clear and focused.
- Communicate constructively and avoid demeaning or insulting behavior or language.
- Promote the scientific method and the values of scientific thinking.
- Stay on topic. System and systems thinking are broad, but please try to adhere to the range of topics defined by a Slack channel's description.
Personal or discriminatory threats in the System community Slack channels, forums and mailing lists may result in a ban by the community manager. Harassment of any kind and other exclusionary behavior is not acceptable. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Violent threats or language directed against another person.
- Discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting sexually explicit or violent material.
- Personal insults, especially those using racist or sexist terms.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Repeated harassment of others.