System is built on top of the System Platform, which comprises a suite of APIs, connectors and packages powered by a large-scale graph database.
The platform collects, enriches, normalizes, resolves and stores metadata about things that are related statistically. The essence of the platform is the statistical relationship. These relationships can be searched and retrieved through open standards.
- Retrieve and encode relationships at the highest possible resolution to preserve fidelity. Be as objective, impartial, precise, and transparent as possible in how we represent information.
- Edge-first. Design schemas from the edge out.
- Integrate seamlessly with other parts of the data stack and the infrastructure of open knowledge.
- Maximize node reusability and reuse to map the world as one system.
- Minimize user data storage and personal data use.
The platform has been in development for three years. We are always investigating ways to make the platform more open and interoperable.